Some of the research gaps found are:
- How is “the other” constructed? Impact of particular constructions of “the other” on identity building groups and individuals and on their sense of belonging.
- The impact of space and place on the process of identity building. How identities are build through intersections of multiple dimensions and how is identity politics related to the complexity of the individual lived life.
- The multidimensional and multiscalar nature of diversity.
- Relation of individual life courses of diversity with social inclusion.
- Policy research: comparison of rhetoric with policy practices; target group or general policy, which is more effective?