Social polarisation, the labour market and economic restructuring in Europe: an urban perspective
PowerPoint presentation of the main ideas
The following PowerPoint presentation will provide you with an overview of the main ideas of this topic.
Download this presentation in pdf format.
Find out more!
This paper focuses on the links between social and spatial polarisation, economic and employment restructuring and dualistic nature of migration policies. It puts special emphasis on the role of labour market mediating in processes of social polarisation and social cohesion.
1. Social polarisation
- Social polarisation: trend of labour markets since the ‘70s
- Empirical evidence of social polarisation
2. Spatial segregation
3. Labour markets and unemployment
- Social polarisation, labour markets and unemployment
- Links between: labour market, social cohesion and social polarisation
- The process of casualisation: a reflection of the restructuring of employment
- Uneven nature of economic development
4. Migration flows
Problems with any word? Check our glossary!